Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SCORPIANSAVER DELETE PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bradleydog62

bradleydog62

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

I paid for MalwareByte.. very pleased with free program for past several months. I found I was unable to delete Scorpian double additions to my C drive. Paid Malware took one away. If I understand, ScorpianSaver fills my PC with commercials and banners. I feel I own my PC space. I resent audible commercials and often turn sound way down. Most banners I have learned to ignore. In my 77 years I have only responded to one advert for dental bridge paste. Paying for cable to watch greater doses of commercials makes me very angry..soon the shows, most of which are very poor this Summer, with be commercial length and the actual commercials will take up showtime. All wasted on me and perhaps you. Our government used to watch out for viewer's rights to protect actual show length viewing time but in last few years another time batch has been given to advertising.. so the fix is in, hardly news in America. Our Capitalists at work. Most cable shows are terrible and I hope Cable Breakers that allow me to choose the cannels I want and pay for will soon arrive..probably from China or India. There are at most 15 channels we like to watch. Rant now over. If Scorpian's job is to feed me banners on my PC I want to delete it. Inability to do so violates my privacy..quaint thought that.

I have instructions that say click F8 while restarting PC to get black panel and click "Safe Mode with Networking"..it did not show up. I have Win 8.1 64. That is all I know about computers. I use it for fun, history, flight sims, and naked women.

I saw ADPEAK.com on the bottom of the ScorpianSaver screen and clicked "CONTACT" and left message to help me delete Scorpian. I said you people ignore commercials just as much as all viewers when off duty. It is their job to make the commercials, many of which are better than the shows, and my job to go eat, pee, walk my dog while they are on. I saw recently the government now allows a 20% sound increase for commercials, another fix is in as previously not allowed to do that. There may be soft ware that auto mutes adverts but then my finger is very good at that and will be probably the last part of me still moving after I pass away.

If you have information and advice for me please share it.

Edited by hamluis, 20 July 2014 - 09:32 AM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,012 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

Open the Control Panel.  

If this is the condensed Control Panel click on Programs and then Unistall a Program.

If this is the All Control Panel Items and click on Programs and Features.

Look for Scorpion Saver program and uninstall it.

Please download AdwCleaner and run it.

An image like the one below will open, click on Scan.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed.  Click on Ok.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

mbamreplace_zps3ead4824.png

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions

mbam4_zps23e52ad4.png

5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes

mbam4_zps490948cc.png

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

You will need to remove this from you browser.  If you post the broswer/s you use I will provide specific instructions for removing this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 bradleydog62

bradleydog62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Many Thanks, printed out info and will try your solution. Cheers!

#4 bradleydog62

bradleydog62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

I have images on c drive pictures. I have put them in Dropbox but unable to find a way to get them loaded to this reply window as you did above.. Email makes it easy to add photos as you know. This reply top line will not allow me to C drive. I have tried each icon but many mean nothing to me. Please advise me....

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,012 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you made with the, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 bradleydog62

bradleydog62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

That attach this file does not show up. It is what I had expected to find, browse to my C\ Pictures etc. I get enlarged answer screen with many tiny icon top left and no paper clip.  Right side of panel 3 Post Options 1. enable emoticons, 2 enable signature, 3 follow this topic. Bottom of panel 1. Black panel white letter Add Reply, 2 white panel Preview Posts, 3. Red letters Cancel.  Cheers,

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,012 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

This is because this topic has been moved to the Am I Infected forum where you can't use this feature.  I hadn't noticed it had been moved at the time.

What is the content of the pictures of the C: drive?

#8 bradleydog62

bradleydog62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

The results of the Adw findings. I used Snag it and have them in Pictures

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,012 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt

Copy it and paste it in your topic as per the instructions I posted.

#10 bradleydog62

bradleydog62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

Hola Arachi!   Thanks for your help. I am at that age wherein I must keep everything simple. At 77, and with memory blank moments increasing, I will live with..now let's see what was the problem?? Anyway, you have been most kind to spend time with my problem and helpful..but all beyond me. Many thanks, John

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,012 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

Hi John, I don't think the AdwCleaner log is that important.  What I really need to see is the Malwarebytes log.  This should let us know a little bit more of what we are dealing with.

If you post the browser you are using I will post specific instructions for copying the log and posting it in your topic.

Dan

Edited by dc3, 23 July 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#12 bradleydog62

bradleydog62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Dan.. I am using Internet explorer on Win 8.1 64. I appreciate your courtesy and hope not to waste your time. John

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,012 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

The link below will take you to a website where if you scroll down you will find instructions for removing Conduit Search from Internet Explorer.  The instructions are clear and are accompanied by pictures.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-conduit-search-virus/

If you have any questions I'll be around.  Let us know how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users