Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pinnacle Game Profiler (paid program) may be a virus!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hoover1979

Hoover1979

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:39 AM

Hi I purchased a program called "Pinnacle Game Profiler" from power up software.  It is designed to enable gamers to have full game controller support on games that offer no support for controllers.

However while scanning my PC for viruses I got an alert stating the main exe for this program containes a rather nasty trojan called trojan.gamethief.heur.gen  according to my research it is a trojan aimed for gamers with the purpose to steal account and password details from gaming sites eg: Steam, Origin, Battlenet and Uplay, enabling the designers of the trojan to hijack and basically steal games purchased by the infected user.  Is this a false-pisitive as my previous AV program (Avast) did not detect this but my new AV program (Baidu) has listed it as a critical threat.  I would like some direction from the community as this it the main exe of a program that I payed good money for the enhancement of my gaming experience.  I will not clean this file untill I get some feedback here on wether it IS a false-positive or if the company that created this software are out to steal their customers gaming accounts.

Please can someone respond ASAP as I am quite concerned as my steam account currently has 448 games and 167 DLC packs and I also have some games with Origin, Battlenet AND Uplay.

Edited by Hoover1979, 21 July 2014 - 12:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users