Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PPPoE login change after turn the router on/off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

Last night my internet is quite bad and I cannot connect to wifi, so I turn the router off then on again, but that didn't work so I use my mobile connection and go to sleep.

Today my wifi had turn to the default settings. My ISP give me PPPoE login details and put them in. Things works again.

So, will turn it on/off erase those info like PPPoE and wifi settings? I've done this hundreds times before but never have this problem.

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lakyranu

lakyranu

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

It seems that you faced a rare problem. I would suggest you to update your router to the latest firmware.

If you face any other problem kindly post it with the brand name and the current firmware of the router that you have.

If you are facing any issue while upgrading the firmware kindly let me know and i would be able to help you.

#3 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:04 AM

Unfortunately I'm out from home and won't able to go back till friday.

It is TP-Link with custom firmware from my ISP. TP-Link C67E0C.

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#4 lakyranu

lakyranu

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

You can check the firmware and let me know anytime.

I might be able to help you out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users