Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop up tabs that lock up my browser

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 norms

norms

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

I posted this topic over 10 days ago and got a response from the malware response team the next day and have not heard from him since then even after I sent him a PM.  So I will repost my problem again.  Here is the link to the original post with the scans he asked me to run.  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540350/pop-up-tabs-that-lock-up-my-browser/#entry3417254

I seem to have gotten a virus that is locking up my browser (Chrome & Firefox). I uninstalled Chrome and installed Firefox but I get the same pop up, sometimes in sveral tabs. It wants me to send money and they will unlock my computer (go figure :lol: ). The only way for me to dump out of the browser is through task manager. Very inconsistant about when it happens. No rhyme or reason as to when it happens. Eset doesn't see it. Help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 4,036 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

There is now an answer in your old thread. This thread will be closed.

~Machiavelli

If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!

• Every topic with no replies within 5 days will be closed.
  • If you like my help here please give me feedback.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users