Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Image after Malwarebytes run

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yurch10

yurch10

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

Good Evening,

I had previously tried to get rid of some Malware, and believed I had done so successfully, but ran one session of Malwarebytes to ensure everything was right.

After running it, it found a bunch of potential issues and quarantined them. However, after that, I'm getting a Bad Image error for nearly all my programs at startup (Windows 8). It is followed by-"Windows\system32\iertutil.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error." There is another sentence or two but that is the gist.

From reading previous posts, I saw it was recommended to run the Farbar Recovery Tool, so I have done that and am including the files Addition and FRST.

Please let me know if there is anything you can help me with. While the computer is working fine (Chrome doesn't work at all, however), the constant errors are frustrating and makes me think there are underlying issues.

Thanks,

Scott

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yurch10

yurch10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM