Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Y'all My name is Rich98528

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rich98528

Rich98528

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

​Hi everyone, I just registered so I'm a Newbie. I have played with computers since the 80's. My first was a Texas Instruments console that hooked to the TV and used DOS. I went through computers like the IBM running 8088's then the 286, the 386, Pentiums, AMD's and on and on. Recently I started collecting old or obsolete desktops and refurbishing them then donating them to local churches and other organizations to go to families that cannot afford. I load them with games and useful programs (outdated like Windows 98 with MS Works). This allows kids to get involved so they don't fall behind in technology. I have boxes of obsolete sound and video cards, cases of every type and an infestation of mice. It's fun to see what I can make work and I am competent in Windows from Win 3.2 to Windows 8. I took a class in 1990 to learn DOS, and earned an Associates degree in ITC which centered on Microsoft Office 2007. I am now a full time student working towards a Masters Degree in electronics/computers engineering. This is a lofty goal for a 60 year old with learning disabilities but I am enjoying the whole thing, well not so much for calculus but I'll get through it.

Its great to meet everyone and I look forward to melding of the minds. Peace.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

G'day Rich, and :welcome:  to BC.

A lofty goal indeed, but judging by your past experiences you will achieve it.

Again, Welcome to where the real learning takes place....

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 ubuzz

ubuzz

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Wow.  Rich.  That's awesome!  Very inspirational story.  Keep it up.

Edited by ubuzz, 20 July 2014 - 04:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users