Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help regarding motherboard temps

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crackpot360

Crackpot360

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Ok so guys i have a ASUS H81M-k mobo that i bought recently with my pc and when i went to check the temps of my other components(hdd,cpu,gpu) it showed perfectly normal temps(40-50C) but when i went to check my mobo's temp it showed a disgusting reading of about 119C , after research i have seen many people have glitches and bugs when running programs to check the temps but i have run 3 programs to check,HW monitor,Speccy,and speedfan and all of them seem to have the same temps of around 119C , now i know this is not possible to run at these temps without it screwing all of my components and burning the living bleep out of my pc but i want to know what exact problem it might be ,a faulty sensor, a haswell component bug ?? 

also it has been a week since i checked and the reading is the same , the pc runs fine though 

speccy summary log:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/rB0l1M7errUOwBVbxYVsbfd

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Crackpot360, 19 July 2014 - 05:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

I think it is fairly safe to bet on a faulty sensor or similar.

All your other temperatures are entirely nominal for a laptop. 119C is more than the boiling point of water and if it were that hot you would burn your hands typing and the casing would be starting to melt.

The components on a motherboard that generate almost all the heat are the CPU chip and the graphics chip, and the temperature falls off as you move away from these chips on the mobo, so a mobo should never show a higher temperature than either of these chips.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Crackpot360

Crackpot360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

@chris cosgrove 

Thanks for the reply , just  to be clear, this isnt a laptop , and you are right even on a desktop it would still be high

Edited by Crackpot360, 19 July 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#4 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

Definitely a faulty reading, at 119C, your mobo would be melting *not literally*. It's safe to say you're fine.

mYIGVc5.png

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

Sorry - I even looked at your Speccy report. I have no idea how I got the impression of 'laptop' !  Blame it on my advancing years.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Haha, I totally agree :3

Incredible readings.

mYIGVc5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic