Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with mirroring computer to TV?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kchorses

kchorses

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

Hello. My grandfather bought a hp windows 8 pavilion computer. Which I mirrored to his TV using a USB to hdmi adapter. It worked fine, until he decided to hit (under the adapter options) fit to TV screen. Now I can extend his display but cannot mirror it. I have mirrored option selected, under screen resolution it shows you screens mirrored. It shows that it recognizes the TV. But the TV just says no signal. Its driving Me crazy I mean just a few days ago it worked. I tried installing the adapter again, re plugging everything. Please somebody help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

Any chance that the larger TV display is more than the graphics card can handle? Will is still work when you back down to the original display size?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 kchorses

kchorses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

I don't think that's the problem, as I said it worked prefect last week, I'm not even sure how to do what your saying, I'm not that computer smart lol. I'm just very confused. I can extend my computer to the TV, or do like two separate monitors but as soon as I click mirror then the TV goes blue and says no signal

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

Am I understanding that you can display a second desktop on the TV but you cannot display the same desktop on the TV?

If you go to Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Display ->Screen Resolution what does it say in the box after Multiple displays?

Keep us posted

Dick E

#5 kchorses

kchorses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

Not near my computer now, but Pretty sure that screen shows the two monitors hooked, like.1+2 in the screen, then a box showing the resolution, one that says landscape, which you can change to portrait. And the bottom which shows duplicate screens, extend screens and to other options like using the TV as the main monitor etc. when I hit duplicate the resolution box and landscape box goes gray, not clickable, and it says this is your current setting. Though all that's on the TV is a blue screen saying no signal. When I septate the screens instead of duplicate it shows the second Monitor as the TV. So I know its identified it.

And no about the second desktop. I have one computer and one TV, but the TV actually shows my computers home page when I choose extend instead of duplicate.
Hope this makes sense.

#6 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

I think I understand

Can you change the resolution for the TV

Keep us posted

Dick E

#7 kchorses

kchorses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

How would I do that?

#8 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

I'm not sure since I don't have a TV connected

When you are in the display settings, do you have any adjustments for the TV, other than using it as a display?

Keep us posted

Dick E

#9 kchorses

kchorses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

No I don't. I'll have to check the TV settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic