Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDMI into none smart TV not working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kingbuxton13

kingbuxton13

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:07 AM

Hi!

Hopefully somebody can help me, I am having no end of trouble hooking my laptop upto the tv via HDMI.

I have read up on this for hours but I cant find a solution. I have managed to get it working via my old laptop and vga leads no problem, so I am not completely new to this kind of thing.

Basically, the laptop doesnt recognise the hdmi lead UNTIL you switch the tv to the relevent HDMI channel on the tv. As soon as that happens, the computer makes the noise that it has recognised external hardware but unfortunately the screen goes blank. The tv reads "no signal".

The main problem I have with this is, all the solutions that I have read fail to understand that I cant extend to an external device until the laptop recognises it. The second the channel is put on, the laptop recognised it and goes blank. Any of the solutions I have read arent really understanding that I cant actually do anything with it because the screen is blank.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

It may be a setting in your laptop, but I can't be more specific not knowing what laptop you have.  I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop with a HDMI port that works fine with my LG TV and a Dell Inspiron 620 with HDMI out that works fine with my Vizio TV.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

The TV is a simple, dumb receiving device.

If the settings for the TV are not correctly set, there will be no reception...be it from cable box, computer, etc.  Perhaps you need to review the manual for your TV.

Louis

#4 kingbuxton13

kingbuxton13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

The laptop is HP Compaq CQ60 15.6'' Laptop - 2.10GHz, 2.5Gb RAM, 320Gb and I have tried it with 3 different tv's now.

#5 NinjaGamingXD

NinjaGamingXD

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Hi kingbuxton13

"A solution is to check your TV's Manual or the settings for the laptop. Let me know if you are still experiencing the issue. 

Thanks! 

#6 johnebadbak

johnebadbak

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:26 AM

in the graphic setting on the lap top select the other monitor and select from a drop downlist the hdmi setting

set the tv to 576p  and try connecting .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users