Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tracking data usage on older router?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 galaxianomiko

galaxianomiko

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

Is there a way to monitor internet data usage through the older Belkin model routers?

The admin page for mine doesn't offer that option, and my ISP's data meter is showing some unreasonably high usage lately. I'd like to compare my own logs to theirs, and have too many devices on the network to track their usage individually.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lakyranu

lakyranu

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

Kindly provide the model number and current firmware of your router.

#3 uByte

uByte

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

Normally they the belkin routers don't have those features (especially the older ones). But some of the newer ones have some of that functionality. If you want some of that functionality try and see if your router is capable of doing dd-wrt. They have features in the dd-wrt that will allow you to do some throttling and some QoS (quality of service) which should help with the high bandwidth users. Sometimes it might be a virus or worm that is installed that can cause high bandwidth usage. It might be worth just running a virus scan on all computers to confirm its not that.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users