Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Touchpad Scroll Doesn't Work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EmGem91

EmGem91

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

Can somebody please help me? This is driving me nuts. 

For about a week maybe more, I cannot get the laptop screen to scroll when I use my touchpad.

I have Windows 8, 32bit operating system. I use Google Chrome browser, and my computer had/has Synaptics Device Driver on it. I went into the control panel Mouse section and I get this pop up message (attached). I am not sure if I can uninstall this because I don't know if my mouse won't work at all? I tried installing the driver again, but I don't know if that did anything?

I don't really know anything about this and would be grateful if somebody would help.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 19 July 2014 - 10:58 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Win 8 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

Do you have an external mouse that you can connect?

The operating system should recognize it and allow you to do the necessary repairs for the touchpad

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 EmGem91

EmGem91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

I don't have an external mouse, and I was hoping somebody on here would be able to walk me through how to fix this issue as I don't know what to do.

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

You can buy an external mouse for as little as $4 and plug it into a USB port, so I agree with Dicke that's what you should do.  

FWIW I think touchpads are masochistic devices designed by evil demons!   :bounce: YMMV.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users