Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq Presario SR5450F No post.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lonewolfsstuck

lonewolfsstuck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Okay, so I obtained a Compaq Presario SR450F from where my dad use to work. They were having issues with it not booting, so they just gave it to my dad (as he and i fix computers) so we could fix it (they end up buying a new PC and we keep it) so the HDD is formatted, but when i boot the thing up it wont post. My dad and I tried all we can (eg. switched ram around, looked for defective hardware, checked all the pins on the CPU, cleared CMOS/BIOS, ect.) So I decided that I would use MY OWN MONEY (as the computer was going to be mine anyway) to buy a Motherboard for this because we thought that the motherboard was dead. So I went on Newegg.com and got a "ASRock G31M-GS R2.0 LGA 775 G31 + ICH7 Mirco ATX Intel Motherboard" (it was D.O.A) sent it back to Newegg, they were like "well you have a broken pin, but when this motherboard left it was perfectly fine. It is your fault that you have a broken pin." So basicaly they said "HA sucks to be you." sent it back to me.. now i got a Dead motherboard here. 

Anyway what I am getting at is, i got a Compaq Presario SR450F Desktop with a Micro ATX board. the thing wont POST and idk what else to do. If anyone has an opinion on a GREAT Micro ATX with DDR2 (preferably 667) with 2-4 RAM ports , and has atleast 1 PCI-E x16 (prob comes standard) that supports a LGA775 Intel core 2 duo at a low price.. please let me know. Otherwise please leave a suggestion on how I could revive the old motherboard. 

(If you are wondering im using a Dell Optiplex GX280 with a pentium 4 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, with a ASUS Nvida GeForce GT610 with 2 GB VRAM)

Please, Please I need help as i am a gamer and its hard to keep up with modern gaming on a single-core CPU. A Dual-Core CPU wouldn't help me in the long run, but it will help me get a HUGE performance boost on games such as TF2 and Minecraft. Thanks you for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users