Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Build

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DDC208

DDC208

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

I have been researching tweaking and just improving this build to a great price and a spew of what i believe are a good set of parts but i would like to know what you think, i am not sure about the mother board yet because that is the only thing i haven't really looked into but if you know of a better one than feel free to say. I look forward to your responses. Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DDC208/saved/2G6qqs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

A fine build. However, be careful with the EVO 212 with your RAM. It is well-known to have the fan being unable to be placed on the right-side of the heat sink, but since you have only 2*4GB sticks, the DIMM slots should be 2 and 4, so you should be fine.

mYIGVc5.png

#3 ubuzz

ubuzz

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:34 AM

If it were me I would consider going a little bigger with the power supply.  I tend to go overkill to have more headroom and future upgradability.  You should be able to get a quality 650w for close to the same price.

#4 Jeremiah Fish

Jeremiah Fish

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

From personal experience, I have found that the FX 8320 is quite an upgrade over the FX 6300 and is quite worth it. Normally I wouldn't even suggest any of these parts as AM3+ is a dead socket and there's virtually no upgradeability past the FX 8320 (the rest of the series simply being overclocked FX 8320s). That being said, here's a build with a couple of things tweaked and with a slightly improved aesthetic, feel free to change if you're not much into the looks, the UD3P is more than capable of handling this particular motherboard and you can overclock just fine with it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MqRbTW

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:20 AM

I would agree a 8 core would shine nicely on that motherboard. Unless of course you are on a budget. Be sure to add your dvd back into the list, I noticed it was missing on Jerimiahs's link. I also agree that a step up of the PSU to 650 or even 700. With a 8 core cpu and that monster video card you have 305 watts tied up just with those two. Some other thoughts to consider....The memory you selected is 8 gig (2x4) Which will work. However, later on you may want to max the memory then you would have to ditch the two 4's. If you can afford to go with 2x8 that would be better. Something to think about.

Furthermore, the 8 core CPU supports 1866 DDR3 memory which is faster than the 1600's. Also try to get a lower cas 9 or lower. With a gaming rig you need that extra kick. It will allow you to achieve that 4ghz turbo and higher. Be sure to read up on the motherboard's QVL of memory it supports. I doubt you will have issues, but you never can tell.

Tip: On the computer case front accessories panel...be sure to route the cabling for headphone/mic away from other cables USB, power etc if you can. It's common to get a EMI and static through the headphone/mic as many of the cabling for these panels is not shielded very well. It's really a delima these days as companies cut corners as much as they can to save money and the end result is your headphones/mic that sounds like a CB radio. People tend to just get a couple Y adapters for the rear phone/mic jack. Unless of course you are using some kind of partial setup with the HDMI or Optical SPDIF to an external source. Anyway, goodluck with your new system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users