Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Won't boot from cd anymore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nick2222

nick2222

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

For the last year I have been using a computer with no operating system on it, I just use a cd with lubuntu on it. We'll the other day I come home and the computer screen is black and won't change. So I reboot and hit f12 to boot from cd. After that the computer skips through everything so fast I don't get a chance to select run lubuntu without installing like I always have.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Hi.

By the looks of it you are not a novice at this, I guess you have tried all the normal stuff, check the iso in another pc, try another iso etc.

The last time I had similar issues with a live boot ( no HDD like you) I don't know why, I went into bios and hit the restore default bios settings, and exited and saved, My pc booted fine after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users