Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Killed Virtumonde.g Thanks To Your Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 freefromfear

freefromfear

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:34 AM

Thank you. Windows XP lives again in my world.

1) Used EWIDO - downloaded and ran 5/30 - and removed it (also from the quarantine section on the tool).
2) Ran Windows Defender and removed (again, am so new to this - also from the quarantine)
3) Immed. ran vundo.exe downloaded fron this site http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=4 on 5/31 - yup, today. And it finally worked!!!
4) Proceeded to empty every recyle bin and purge all files in Norton protected file.

Have been fighting this for days. Got it on May 28th - it liked this file - C\WINDOWS\system32\pmnll.dll.

things that i could not get to work.
1) All prior vundo tools.
2) Spybot - fact this wonderful thing hated EWIDO but I am sure it was something I did as many people like it
3) Ad-aware
4) Trogan

Had NO idea that Remove command put things in Quarantine,too. Who knew?

Anyway - thanks so much for all your help. Now that I can breathe, am going to mega research how to protect system

thank you.
freefromfear ( tired but very very happy 0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:47 AM

Good luck with your studies and hopefully you'll learn enough to prevent another major infection!
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:00 PM

To protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection , you may want to read "Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe" and "How to Prevent Spyware".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users