Thank you. Windows XP lives again in my world.
1) Used EWIDO - downloaded and ran 5/30 - and removed it (also from the quarantine section on the tool).
2) Ran Windows Defender and removed (again, am so new to this - also from the quarantine)
3) Immed. ran vundo.exe downloaded fron this site http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=4
on 5/31 - yup, today. And it finally worked!!!
4) Proceeded to empty every recyle bin and purge all files in Norton protected file.
Have been fighting this for days. Got it on May 28th - it liked this file - C\WINDOWS\system32\pmnll.dll.
things that i could not get to work.
1) All prior vundo tools.
2) Spybot - fact this wonderful thing hated EWIDO but I am sure it was something I did as many people like it
Had NO idea that Remove command put things in Quarantine,too. Who knew?
Anyway - thanks so much for all your help. Now that I can breathe, am going to mega research how to protect system
freefromfear ( tired but very very happy 0