Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you.
Download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
to your Desktop.
Extract all the files to your Destop. A folder named SmitfraudFix
will be created on your Desktop.
Please download the trial version of Ewido Anti-malware 3.5
- Install Ewido anti-malware.
- When installing, under Additional Options uncheck Install background guard and Install scan via context menu.
- When you run Ewido for the first time, you could get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click Ok.
- The program will prompt you to update. Click the Ok button.
- The program will now go to the main screen.
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left-hand side of the main screen click the Update Button.
- Click on Start.
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
Once finished updating, close Ewido.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.Ewido manual updates
. Make sure to close Ewido before installing the update.
Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search
by typing 1
and press Enter
This program will scan large amounts of files on your computer for known patterns so please be patient while it works. When it is done, the results of the scan will be displayed and it will create a log named rapport.txt
in the root of your drive, eg: Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log.