Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Blink at Start-up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Killer Deathcow

Killer Deathcow

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

Hi, I built a computer in September of 2013. The following is a component list:

CPU: Intel i5 3350 3.1G 6M 

MB: Asus P8Z77-V LX Z77 LGA1155 

GPU: Gigabyte GV-R786OC-2GD HD7850 

RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (2 of them for 8GB RAM)

PSU: Corsair 500W CX500

SSD: 32GB SDSSDRC-032G-G26 (holds Windows 7 OS + drivers + Google Chrome, that is it)

HDD: 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue 5000ENC-NRSN (Holds everything else)

DVD Burner: LG GH24NS95

Case: NZXT (Black with blue LEDs)

All products were purchased from NewEgg.

When I go to turn on my computer, the LEDs light up, the fans spin up, the CPU fan spins up (it sounds like the computer is fully up and running) FOR ONE SECOND. Then, the power flashes off (as if the power cord has been yanked out), but after a 1 second pause, the computer starts up, POST beep sounds, and the computer runs fine. On the login screen, the compute doesn't even recognize that it was ever on (doesn't tell me 'Windows has been shut down improperly'). 

My amateur diagnosis is that the power supply is dying, but I really have no idea. I need help with this. Thanks everybody who contributes. 

-Deathcow

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

After this unusual problem, everything works fine? No issues with the use of the computer?

mYIGVc5.png

#3 Killer Deathcow

Killer Deathcow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

After the problem, the computer runs flawlessly. Not slow, not freezes, nothing. 

#4 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

If this happens consistently during every startup, I highly doubt it is a PSU issue, as this doesn't typically show signs of a dying PSU.

Has this happened since you have owned/built this computer? Or has this issue only appeared recently?

Also, if it never boots into windows, Windows won't recognise a random "shutdown". 

mYIGVc5.png

#5 Killer Deathcow

Killer Deathcow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

This problem is very recent, about the past week or so. What is wrong with my system if it isn't the PSU? 

#6 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

It could very well be a motherboard issue. Do you have any dust around the interior and on the components of your computer?

mYIGVc5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users