Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drozman

drozman

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

first some info have a biostar N68S3+ motherboard running windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

I recently changed the power supply updated my hard drive from 160 GB to 500 Gb everything went well I had cloned the new hard drive a week or so before installing. I took notice that my PC was still only showing 160GB hard drive. I looked online and read that you have to update you bios. so went to biostar website got the file and flashed the bios (dumb I didn't back up). well after flashing everything booted fine but pc still showed 160Gb hard drive. I came to this sight and some helped me fix the problem I think his name was John_C  Problem I am having now is no matter what I do Java will not run in any browser AOL, chrome,IE 11 or firefox I have cleared cashe in java. I have removed Java like 12 times and did fresh installs and still will not run. I play pogo alot and now I cannot get any games to load. Java site says I have Java installed. I went into the browsers and clicked on enable Java to no avail. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

How did you uninstall Java ?

Use Java Ra

Download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it.

Run JavaRa.exe (Vista and 7 users! Right click on JavaRa.exe, click Run As Administrator), pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
    Accept any prompts.
    There is NO NEED to post the Log from JavaRa

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT EXCLUSIVELY... NO DUAL BOOT, NO VIRTUAL MACHINE

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

#3 drozman

drozman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

Hey Condobloke many thanks I downloaded the java Ra and did what you stated it took me to a website when I clicked on updates downloaded file and everything is working fine Thanks again.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

My pleasure.

Thanks for using BC !!

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT EXCLUSIVELY... NO DUAL BOOT, NO VIRTUAL MACHINE

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users