Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New to site and have a problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kimbell

kimbell

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

Hi I'm Kim, how are you all today. A salesman from Austin computers Midland introduced me to this site and I have recently completed the combo fix on this computer. I haven't used it for over a year as it had many virus's on it. I think its fixed now but I may have deleted a server i now need. My son downloaded Stream which i deleted.

The problem I have now is I'm trying to do my tax and I'm having to upload information and I keep receiving this error.

Proxy Error 502

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /mygov/myaccount/register.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

thanks if anyone can help  :thumbup2:

Edited by kimbell, 16 July 2014 - 11:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kimbell

kimbell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

Sorry its Proxy Error 502

#3 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

The links below may give you some helpful information.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/502error.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_6974647_fix-502-proxy-error.html

#4 kimbell

kimbell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

Thanks for that, I now see its not a problem form my end. When i logged back into myGov I saw that the link worked contradicting to the proxy error i received. They must have been able to fix it from their end. 

Also I see my question came up in Introductions messages. I looked all over to add a new topic but could only see it here. Please direct where I should ask for help with a problem computer?

Cheers

#5 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Generally you can just scroll through the Forum page and post in a category that seems to best match your problem or question.

If you happen to post in the wrong category, not to worry, you will probably be directed to the proper one.

If you take some time, and explore the many topics on the Forum page, you will find a wealth of information, enjoy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users