Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got this thing that keeps popping up

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Renodil

Renodil

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Says something about URL not being configured properly to open or something. I'd have to wait for it to pop up again to be verbatim. Anyways, can someone help me figure out how to track down what is causing this please? Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 17 July 2014 - 06:40 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

It sounds like maybe something has changed your home page, but I'd need more info about what it says and what browser you're running.  Next time it happens, please see if you can post exactly what it says and any details about when it happens. 

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Until you post the exact message...there's no point in speculating on its significance, IMO.

Louis

#4 Renodil

Renodil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

OK it just happened again. The title of the window says "Cannot start application" and in the window it says "Cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistence." And there's 2 buttons. "OK" and "Details" Here's the notepad file of the details.

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.18408
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    clr.dll             : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    dfdll.dll             : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    dfshim.dll             : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=1;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=1;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Exception reading manifest from http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=1;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
        + An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 43.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [7/17/2014 11:50:29 AM] : Activation of http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=1;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [7/17/2014 11:50:34 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
        - Exception reading manifest from http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=1;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Xml.XmlException
        - An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 43.
        - Source: System.Xml
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName()
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestValidatingReader.XmlFilteredReader.Read()
            at System.Xml.XmlCharCheckingReader.Read()
            at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

Furthermore there's some processes I stopped called APSDaemon.exe and vmhost.exe that keep restarting. The pop up only happens when those are running. Not sure which of those 2 or if it's both that cause it though.

Edited by hamluis, 17 July 2014 - 06:39 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

#5 Renodil

Renodil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Anyone gonna help me now that I posted the exact problem?

#6 Bakercityguy

Bakercityguy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

I have the pretty much the same problem. I hope the is a way to fix it, very annoying. This is what I am getting

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
 Windows    : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
 Common Language Runtime  : 4.0.30319.18444
 System.Deployment.dll   : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
 clr.dll    : 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
 dfdll.dll    : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
 dfshim.dll    : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
 Deployment url   : http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=4;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE

ERROR SUMMARY
 Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
 * Activation of http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=4;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
  + Exception reading manifest from http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=4;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
  + An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 43.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
 No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
 There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
 * [7/18/2014 11:47:42 AM] : Activation of http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=4;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE has started.

ERROR DETAILS
 Following errors were detected during this operation.
 * [7/18/2014 11:47:43 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
  - Exception reading manifest from http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=4;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
  - Source: System.Deployment
  - Stack trace:
   at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
   at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
  --- Inner Exception ---
  System.Xml.XmlException
  - An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 43.
  - Source: System.Xml
  - Stack trace:
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestValidatingReader.XmlFilteredReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlCharCheckingReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
 No transaction information is available.

#7 Renodil

Renodil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

I have the pretty much the same problem. I hope the is a way to fix it, very annoying. This is what I am getting

You too huh?

#8 Renodil

Renodil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

Am I ever gonna get some help or should I just go ahead and use Norton Ghost to restore my system?

#9 amish1

amish1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

I also have the same problem. Just curious What browser are you using? I use a browser called lunescape6 that is dedicated (by me) for only 1

application. I only started having the problem after changing the homepage to that application. (a game called shakes and fidget)

I am going to try changing the homepage back to the original and see if that clears up the problem. I will get back to you if it works. Wouldn't

have even thought of it if weren't for this forum. And specifically WPGWPG. Thank you and wish me luck.

#10 amish1

amish1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

YES! I believe I "fixed" it. I was using a browser called Lunascape6 and had changed the homepage as I was using this browser as a dedicated browser for a game I play.

After returning to the original homepage the popup stopped. (so far) Will update you later, good luck.

#11 Renodil

Renodil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

I use FireFox and I have the default start page that comes with it and I belive it happens because of something called vmhost.exe that keeps starting itself up no matter how many times I close it in the processes.

#12 Renodil

Renodil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

Forget it! I just restored my system, so mark this as closed since no one helped me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users