Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iomega Atapi 750mb Internal Zip Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stingingfork

Stingingfork

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

I had a firewire connected Iomega 750mb to my Win 7 Pc and it worked great until one day it died.  I found another internal 750mb atapi zip drive advertised as new from a recent pull from an unused Dell computer so I bought it in order to pull all of the data I had saved over the years to my zip disks.  My current Pc has an Asus motherboard M4A89GTD Pro that I built a few years back, up until now I had used only the Sata connections with my hard drives and cd drives but with the internal iomega I realized I needed to utilize the ide connection it had on the board so I set it up as the only device on the ide cable and set the pins as a master instead of slave.  Could it be that only hard drives will work from the ide connector on the motherboard?  I booted up and it shows in the bios but not on win 7 and the iomega site states it's not supported under Win 7.  I thought I would use my second hard drive for Win XP Pro and dual boot in hopes I could get it to work but apparently there is something I'm not setting correctly in bios or maybe a driver it needs but so far I haven't figured it out so I asking for someone more knowledgeable than myself to throw out some thoughts on how to be able to get Windows to see the Iomega drive.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 17 July 2014 - 10:49 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

You said in our post that the drive was not compatible with Windows 7 but according to Microsoft it is. It should just be plug and play.

See if you need to enable the IDE port in BIOS.

Edit: on page 2-25 of your manual I believe you have to provide drivers for the Jmicron controller and then enable the ATA controller in BIOS (see pages 3-26 and 3-27) It's possible the drive may be detected without the driver so enable ATA in BIOS first and see if the drive is detected.

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 July 2014 - 10:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users