Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Couple of questions regarding a new build.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Blueprints

Blueprints

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hello all, I have a couple of questions regarding a new build. I have bought parts for a computer and I need some clarification. I have bought a EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 PSU and an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Mobo. Since it has been a little while since I have built a new rig, my questions are: 1) does the EATX12V connector on the Mobo connect to the CPU1/CPU2 on the PSU? In addition 2) The PSU manual states "Do not attempt to plug an 8-pin PCI-E cable into a 6-pin connector without first detaching the two extra pins." I find this conflicting so therefore, my dumb question on this is, since the VGA on the PSU is 8-pin, do I just connect the 8-pin to that and connect the 6-pin (leaving the 2 extra pins detached) to my video card? Since my video card is a 6-pin. I just like to be sure is all.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 16 July 2014 - 04:42 PM.
moved from Windows 7 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users