Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Wireless Printer Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cireerah

cireerah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

On my HP Officejet 4500 Wireless Printer, the scanner doesn't work. Whenever I try to scan a document using the ADF or the flatbed I get an HP error message that says installation isn't complete. I've tried updating the driver by downloading and  installing the HP scan and diagnostic tool. It downloads and installs but once it reaches the end of the installation I get a "installation failed" message.

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation did not complete.Please plug in the usb plug or rerun the set-up from the installation cd for a network installation. The device is connceted by for some reason the scan function isn't properly working."

The fax, copy and print functions are working. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD processor FX™ 4130 Quad Core Processor 4 GB, 64-bit. Printer is HP G510g-m. I need someone to guide me through this loop to complete the installation and updating of the printer driver.

Thanks in advance,

Cireerah

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

You could try Vuescan, it's pretty good software and will run just about any scanner. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users