Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is this thing?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dragonstorm

Dragonstorm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

First of all DO NOT click on the link below unless you are prepared to dodge a nasty attack.

I received an email from a friend with the following message

hxxx://lastikcinden.com/cwjkmieo/rvutrizyildnnb.rsyjvto]hxxx://lastikcinden.com/cwjkmieo/rvutrizyildnnb.rsyjvto (link deactivated - Hamluis)

This message has been scanned for viruses and malware by ClamAV and SpamAssassin at criticalstop.com

I'm always suspicious of stuff like that; what with all the random characters, and the fact that there is nothing personal in it to give me some kind of hint what the link is gonna take me to.

Anyway, a search using Google, or Bing, turns up nothing for "criticalstop.com". So Apparently there just ain't no such animal. Unfortunately, my friend wasn't so suspicious.  He clicked on it, and got bitten by a nameless and nasty bug. And as a result, his computer is misbehaving badly, and this link got sent to everyone on his  contact list.

The questions are, what's the nasty thing in that link? And how can he get rid of it?

Edited by hamluis, 16 July 2014 - 03:42 PM.
Moved from Introductions to Am I Infectged - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users