Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloading images from a website the easy way?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie Shiraz

Aussie Shiraz

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hello everyone

I am sometimes on websites with numerous images.  The thumbnails lead to larger images and each one needs to be clicked on in turn.  When you have a lot of images it can be a pain (particularly when viewing your favourite chick! :wink:).

I have installed "Downloadthemall" in Firefox and it is great but it takes a LOT of time to download and I have gone through 10 beers and gone to bed by then!!

I have also heard of httrack but find it complicated.

Does anyone know a program that works, is easy to use and relatively fast?

Thank you

Jake

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

i wouldn't bother with add-ons the best solution is the manual way. add-ons might contain viruses, i don't personally know anything of the one you mention here, and all it is doing is something the browser already supports. i have personal experience of your problem, i like to keep a folder of sci-fi inspiration pics on my harddrive, and know it is bothersome but just get into that mechanical routine of:

1.right click on image

2."open link in new tab"

3. go to the new tab

4.right click

5."save image as"

6.have the folder you want them to go to already prepared to be the first location opened by the file browser

7.leave the image name as is, it's too much bother to rename

8."save"

9. repeat

or some more bothersome method for less pleasantly laid out sites and those that try to make it even harder to download pics.flickr can be particularly bad for this by making right clicking on the image display the right click menu for a link rather than a picture.

as a general rule don't trust programs to do things you could do yourself, and if it takes long enough for 10 beers how many pics are you downloading!

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

See if Image Picker :: Add-ons for Firefox is of any use.

#4 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

For general purposes to instantly snag/collect photos, bits of important text, even videos for reference -  FastStone Capture.

Worth every cent of the small fee they charge. :)

#5 PR!NC3

PR!NC3

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

httrack is the best if you try to use it, just check any tutorial on youtube may be it helps?

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,965 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

Copyright, anyone ?

Most images on the web - or any where else - are copyrighted. If you are downloading these images purely for your own use that is probably OK, if you are publishing them anywhere else then you should get the copyright holder's permission.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 bikefixer

bikefixer

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:50 PM

Copyright, anyone ?

Most images on the web - or any where else - are copyrighted. If you are downloading these images purely for your own use that is probably OK, if you are publishing them anywhere else then you should get the copyright holder's permission.

Chris Cosgrove

#8 bikefixer

bikefixer

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

For personal use, I don't think you will have a problem, but any other use(making $$ with them) and you may be violating the copy right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users