Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying To Print From Blue Mac To Laserwriter 4/600ps

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jazzybit

jazzybit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:32 PM

Hi. thanks for any help.

Just purchased a nice old Apple Laserwriter 4/600PS. I use a Blue Mac, OS 8.6.

The LW cable has an 8pin male connector end -- and the mac doesn't have the 8pin receptable any more. I have connected this end into a Keyspan dual port converter with a USB connector to plug into the mac... but no printing.

I have loaded every conceivable driver that should work (from Apple).

I made this LW work from a blue mac in the shop -- a different blue mac. Trying to figure out why that one could and mine can't print.

possible ideas? help much appreciated.
- Keyspan connector is faulty. DID work when in use for an earlier printer, however, so I imagine it's still ok. And i have tried both of the two ports.

- 8pin conversion to USB isn't robust enough to support print.

- I still don't have the right drivers in the right parts of the system file, etc. I HAVE Keyspan's LASERWRITER 4/600PS file in the printer description folder...

... I really like this printer and it's sitting here waiting for me ...

can you help? THANKS.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users