Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Schtasks command issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 getemboi

getemboi

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

Hello everyone,I know I could just set up what i need in Task Scheduler, but I want to understand the command line better, and this is one command that has caused me much confusion. I had successfully done this for a couple programs, which I later removed, but right when I thought i had figure it out, it throws me for a loop. The task is successfully created using ONSTART /delay swtich, but after the designated time post-boot, nothing happens. When I check Schtasks it says the task could not start. I used "" around the path name, so spaces in directory name shouldn't be an issue. Like I said, the task was successfully created. I even used environmental variable for Program Folders so there was no spaces at all. Again, task created successfully, but it won't start when scheduled. Any insight or advice would be great. Here is an example of the how i did it....

Schtasks /Create /TN Sandboxie /TR "C:\Users\username\Program Files\Sandboxie\SbieCtrl.exe" /SC ONSTART /Delay 0005:00

Sandboxie should start 5 minutes post-boot, correct?

Edited by getemboi, 16 July 2014 - 12:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users