Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows critical update keeps installing malware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Npuffer

Npuffer

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Not sure what's going on but this is the 3rd time this has happened.

First on my desktop after installing windows update I ended up with something called mosquito updater. When I opened my Crome web browser my default page had changed and I couldn't change it back. Same with Firefox. After hours of using at least 5 different malware program which found nothing I did a system restore which solved the problem. I did have to go into my browser's setting and remove the default search engine setting that the malware created.

Yesterday my laptop did a windows critical update and the same thing happened. I immediately did a system restore went into my browsers settings, removed the new default site and issue is gone.

Today the same thing happened. Computer did an automatic update, adware showed up ran a couple of malware/virus/adware programs and nothing was found. I just did a system restore and all is good once again.

What the heck is going on? Why would this happen with a Microsoft update? I'm so pissed off about this. I have a ton of work to do and don't have time screwing around with this.

Thanks!

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Npuffer

Npuffer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

OK, just closed my browser and opened it again and the default URL defaulted back to the one I just deleted. The URL is search.fbdownloadee.com/?channel=en_nt

#3 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Welcome,

It sounds like you are infected. This isn't the forum for you to get the help you need. I'll ask a moderator to move your message into the correct forum so that you can get your problem solved.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#4 Npuffer

Npuffer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Sorry about that. Where should I have posted this? Thanks for the welcome.

#5 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

Your message has been moved. You might want to read the instructions for this forum so you know what to expect and how to work with the trained volunteer who will be helping you.

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users