Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: Multimedia computer for photo/video editing, music, gaming

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AlAlvare17

AlAlvare17

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

I owned a Lenovo Y580 and was extremely happy with it up until it was bricked by the infamous Battery Gauge Reset problem, with no hopes of repair since it ran out of warranty.

I'm looking for a new multimedia laptop that would suite my needs, listed below - with a budget of ~$1000, give or take $100. My Y580 was excellent for what I used it for, and I'm looking for something similar (or better) for the same price.

I've done some browsing around in the current Lenovo product line, and the Y50 and Y510p caught my attention - if anybody knows anything about them, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks to anybody who can offer their opinion!

My budget for the new computer is: 
$800-$1100 USD

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? 

• Photo/video editing
  • Moderate-end gaming
  • Playing music
  • Frequent web browsing/HD video streaming
  • General multitasking
  • Storing my music/photo collection

What software do you intend on using on the computer? 

Heavy use of Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/Premiere and frequent media exporting -high quality, big screen and fast processor are must

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? 
I'm not an intense gamer so I don't need a powerhouse, but I'd like something that can at least, for example, run something like Skyrim smoothly on medium graphics settings.

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? 

I'm that guy who has a dozen programs running at the same time. 

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?

Yes, definitely yes. I'm a journalist so I deal with a lot of photography and video, plus I have a large and constantly growing growing music collection.

Edited by AlAlvare17, 15 July 2014 - 03:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AlAlvare17

AlAlvare17
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users