Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Popup Detected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bludogre

bludogre

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

System Info:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
       System Model: p6710f
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/07/10 08:41:32 Ver: 6.04
          Processor: AMD Athlon™ II X4 640 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3840MB RAM

Popup Info:

Window Title of Popup: Cannot Start Application
Window Text of Popup: Cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistance.  [OK]  [Details...]

I clicked on details seeing as I have no clue as to what application it is talking about.

Details Info:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.18408
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
+ Exception reading manifest from http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=4;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 43.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [7/15/2014 12:59:53 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
- Exception reading manifest from http://ads.firstimpwins.com/creative/2-002137026-00001i;size=4;tag_id=4649;ref=INSERT_REFERRER_HERE;cb=INSERT_CACHEBUSTER_HERE: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Xml.XmlException
- An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 43.
- Source: System.Xml
- Stack trace:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestValidatingReader.XmlFilteredReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlCharCheckingReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Other than clicking on (Details...) I have done nothing to try and repair this situation since I am unsure as to what this is. Also, I'm unsure if this is related to this problem, but when I am running an application it randomly acts as if it is a background application, as if another program is running in the foreground. I have to click within my application to make it current again.

I am hoping that I am posting in the correct forum. If not, please feel free to bump me to the correct forum, and please inform me.

Thank you, and I am looking forward to hearing from you an receiving help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludogre

bludogre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

I found the problem. My .NET Framework needed to be repaired. Everything is working fine now. Thanks anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users