Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

US Robotics Router has Broken Port Fowarding

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheFatCrafter

TheFatCrafter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

My friend has an U.S. Robotics 802.11g Wireless Router (USR5462) router. I tried setting up port forwarding using a static and dynamic IP. None of them worked. The internal IP is 192.168.2.147 and 192.168.2.5 for static. I would like to get static working. The port is 25565 on both protocols and we restarted the router and computer multiple times he is on wireless and we did what it said on http://portforward.com/ still no success. If someone figures this problem out please reply. Here is a screenshot for the dynamic IP and what we done. Attached File  screenshot.png   266.9KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orecomm

Orecomm

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Can I ask what the application is that you are using (or rather trying to use) ? Some applications require more than one port to function. Also, how is your router connected to the Internet ? Is the outside address of the USR router a public IP ?

#3 TheFatCrafter

TheFatCrafter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

I am trying to set up a Minecraft server. The port is configurable, but 25565 by default. I will also want to set up remote console if possible (port 25575). I don't know if it is bridged to a modem or not. Or if it is the main modem/and or router.

#4 Orecomm

Orecomm

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

Can you login to the USR router and post a screenshot of the STATUS page ? That should have enough info to get us started.

#5 TheFatCrafter

TheFatCrafter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

Never mind I fixed it. Thanks for the help anyway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users