Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Can't start windows

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:28 PM

Hello dear friends this is my first post in the site and i hope i will stay for long in your company

Recently i had a problem with my laptop hpG62

Generally the computer the last month gave me many blue screens and after them the laptop was restarting on its own.I have to mention that my laptop fell from about 1 meter before these problems appear.

Most recently there was a bad moment with my job and i hit the laptop(the aim was to hit the office lol :P ) on the right side next to the mouse pad downside the navigation buttons.....then a blue screen appeared and the computer restarted and could not load the windows.....in the beginning it took around 10-15 minutes and it loaded them but the computer was soooooo slow...everything was slow....the same happened with the safe mode..........Now it is impossible to go further than the welcome...it doesnt work......the repair setup can not help and there is no restore to a  previous date option.....Now the signature problem is like that: Signature Problem:

Name of the problem:StartupRepairOffline

Signature Problem01:   6.1.7600.16385

Signature Problem02:   6.1.7600.16385

Signature Problem03:   unknown

Signature Problem04:   21199624

Signature Problem05:   Autofailover

Signature Problem06:   13

Signature Problem07:   NobootFailure

Maybe the solution is easy but i dont know it because i am a little bit amateur with the computers......but i really dont want to lose my files inside the laptop because they are really important for my job........

Thank you very much in advance :)                                                                                     

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

You can try booting from a live disc like a Windows 7 repair disc or one of the Linux versions.  I'm assuming Windows 7 since you didn't say what version of Windows you have.  If you don't have a Windows 7 install disc or repair disc, you can make a repair disc on another Windows 7 computer with 32 or 64 bit that's the same as yours.  Click Start -> Control Panel -> Backup and Restore -> Create system repair disc.  Insert a blank CD-R and it will make it.  If you want to try a Linux disc, you could use Ubuntu, Mint, or Puppy version.  You can download the ISO file for Ubuntu here: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop or Mint here: http://linuxmint.com/download.php .  Burn the ISO to a blank DVD.  You don't have to install anything, just boot from the disc and click TRY, and you'll be up and running in about 3 minutes.  From there you can copy your data to a flash or external hard drive.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Thanks a lot my friend for your answer but unfortunately the other computer had diferent version of windows 7.....

In the ''broken'' one i use windows 7 home premium OA and the OS system number is 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

i really dont know what to do....... :(

Edited by hamluis, 21 July 2014 - 04:43 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

FWIW:  What Is Win 7 OA?

Louis

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

It sounds like you may have damaged the hdd.  Please run SeaTools to determine if the hdd is in trouble.

Notice:  SeaTools for DOS will run on all manufacturer's hard drives, but may not recognize the hard drive if the Storage Configuration is not set in a configuration which SeaTools will recognize. 

If the motherboard has a Intel SATA controller the storage configuration for SATA must be set to AHCI.

If the mohterboard has a Marvel SATA controller the storage configuration for SATA must be set to IDE.

To determined how your storage is configured open the Device Manager and click on IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.This will expand the tree allowing you to see your storage configuration.

If you need to change the configuration you will have to go into the BIOS to make the change.

Please download SeaTool for DOS.

When the SeaTools for DOS website opens click on I Accept, then click on the Download button in step #4.

This download is a ISO image which you will need to burn to a CD in order to create a bootable disc with which to run the diagnostic tests.

To burn this ISO file to a CD or DVD use the instructions below.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

burndiskimage1_zpsb502b181.png

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

burndiskimage2_zps17a9d6ff.png

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close

Once the disc is created load it in the CD/DVD drive and restart the computer.

Please note:  You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Please run the short test and include the results in your next post in this topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

Thank you very much for your help!

These are the results

Selected Drive Information

Device 0 isa ATA Device TISHIBAMK3261GSYN On Intel 5M Series/3400M Series AHC

Max Native Adress -

Device is 48 Bit Addressed-Number of LBAs 625142447 (320.073 GB)

This drive supports Security Features

Smart Has NOT Been Tripped

DST is Supported

Logging Feature set is supported

POH 4271

-------

Test Information and Results

Scanning for controllers....

Scanning for devices.....

Scanning for devices on Intel 5M Series/3400 M Series AHCI

Detected 1 devices

Devices scan complete

EDIT:Now i am running also the long test and it is on 5% and it found 54 errors

Edited by hamluis, 15 July 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Yeah... I thought this might be the case.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

This is the final message.........

Unfortunately your Seagate hard drive has failed an important diagnostic test, possibly caused by problem sectors which are difficult to read. Now is a good time to make sure you have a current backup of your important data.

Seagate recommends that you consder repairing the problem sectors. Seatools for DOS may be able to save you from the inconvinience and down time of exchaning the drive. For more information on this subject see our help topic 'Bad sector Found'

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

I would suggest removing the hdd, purchase an external case for it, connect it via USB to another computer and retrieve your data from it.

You can purchase an external case for $7.99 from Newegg.

#10 Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

So the HDD is over from this laptop and i should buy a new one if i am right?or it's a problem that will be fixed with a format?

Edited by hamluis, 21 July 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

I would not trust this hdd, especially if it is used for a business.  

By the way, you don't need to quote my posts.

#12 Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

i see.....i dont have serious problems...i can transfer the important files from the ''broken laptop'' to an other one...thank god i have two :P

But now the main issue is what to do with the laptop......how will i be able to access it again?this can be done only by formating it?or can i find a repair disc by searching on the web?

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

You are going to need to purchase a new hdd if you wish to use this computer.  The hdd in this one is toast.

#14 Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

ok! thank you very much for all your help :)

#15 Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

Guest_ggbbqqks2_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

After a few days i come back........

I finally changed my HDD with a new one(scorpio black 500GB)

I formated the new disc but now i dont know what is going on.........First of all after i downloaded all the required drivers the machine is a little bit slow.....even when i type on google many times the letters appear after one second or two......when i pasted some things to my flash disc the speed was very low(7200rpm HDD)......and lower than the the speed of my desktop pc(5400 rpm HDD)

Finally when the windows were installing the new updates from the windows updater there was this frustrating noise you hear when your pc is overloading...something like that...cant describe it but i think you can understand........this noise comes from the left top of the laptop......

Don't know what is going wrong.........

EDIT:youtube is also so slow...it takes ages ''for the picture to move'' although the loading bar is ok(i mean...no internet problems)

generally when i minimize something a part of it remains in the screen for some seconds

and the installation of a game(medieval 2 total war) is too slow..........

Edited by ggbbqqks2, 19 July 2014 - 05:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users