Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unidentified malware likely, please help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 BigEarnie69

BigEarnie69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

Hello all, and thanks in advance for any help! This morning when I started my PC I noticed a few things were off -- first, I immediately received an error about a "IrzuTqed.dll" file not being found, no idea what it is. But I'm sure it's related to my primary issue, which is that my AVG 2013 didn't boot on its own. All the processes are running (I think) in task manager, but when I try to open the UI, I get an error saying "This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator." My immediate assumption was a virus or malware of some kind, so I'm looking for any help pinpointing and solving this problem. Note: I'm relatively new to this whole process so bear with me. If I need to be in safe mode while using certain programs etc, please let me know so I can help you help me as best as I can.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

Hi BigEarnie69 and welcome to BC.

Please take note of the following:

1. Please do not run any other tools unless instructed.
2. Please don't install or uninstall anything unless asked.
3. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean.
4. If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
5. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

If I need to be in safe mode while using certain programs etc, please let me know

Please try and run all tools in normal mode unless otherwise stated.

Note:
There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available. Please pick the version that matches your operating system's bit type.

If you are unsure what you're system bit type is..... click Here for help.

For x32 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click the downloaded icon to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator

frsticon_zpsdc3cbdc3.png
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

frstdis_zps7f598f12.png
  • Make sure that Addition.txt is selected at the bottom
  • Press Scan button.

newfrst_zpsa63ffa3d.png
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply also.
In your next reply, please submit:
Both reports from FRST

Thanks.

BBPP6nz.png

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic will now be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending one of the Moderating team or an Administrator
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users