PROBLEM FIXED. TLDR; Razer Surround, a product currently in beta, is currently having an extreme memory leak. Please take care if using this product!
So the past few days, my computer has been "losing" vram.
I'm no pro to computers, but out of 8gigs of ram, using 400mb on it (via the Users tab on the Task Menu) isn't equal to running like 6.8gigs of ram.
I have multiple pictures, and I can update you guys as to what I've already done to attempt to find what is causing this.
Does anybody know how to help?
For example: In my Task Manager, when I look at what Users are running what, my account is running 500mb of RAM.
Yet when I check the Resource Manager, I get this:
Using RAMMap, I discovered where most of my data was being sucked to.
Here it shows that three gigs was being used by Page Table. When I checked page table, I discovered hundreds of conhosts and powercfg's all running at 20kb.
I have followed these steps after determining that it was the same problem:
Hopefully this will solve my issues.
I have narrowed down the issue to the Razer Surround, a program given to my by Razer to simulate 7.1 Surround Sound. I had a Surround Sound headset already, but decided to beta test their product.
When I uninstalled the product, my memory immediately stopped rising. My guess is that this Razer Surround was malfunctioning, and consistently attempting to do something. Whatever that something was, it was failing, creating these 4kb conhost.exe's and 4kb powercfg.exe's. Thousands of them. And they were sucking up my memory in 16kb Page Tables. Thus, thousands of little 20kb files. Resulting in all of my data being sucked up very slowly in the background, never being let go.
I will keep you all updated on what happens with this!
Edited by bonette, 14 July 2014 - 11:32 PM.