Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recovering a removed website picture + write up.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zodiac58

zodiac58

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

hello to everyone.

I have a situation where my daughter has purchased a car from what used to be a decent used car dealer. A problem has arisen with what they said in the advert but they have removed the car and write up directly after sale and I need to recover the website page before removal.

If i go to my history and search for the page before the sale was completed it comes up with no image available and there is no write up about the car but there website page is there. If i go to cache and go as far as putting the binary page into an online tool i have the same problem, no image of the car or write up.

I am stuck now. is it possible to recover this pre sale website image/write up on my computer. 

i am using Google chrome and vista.

any help would be much appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

Hello and Welcome

Try the Wayback Machine.

#3 zodiac58

zodiac58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

hi john c

tried the wayback machine. unfortunately it has not logged the HTTP. I logged the web page address in the wayback machine and it now shows up but only from today's date when it was imputed.

good try but I did learn a new tool 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

Sorry it didn't work out. Sometimes with the wayback machine you can input the basic URL of the site,click the show all button, pick a date,and then crawl through the site until you find the page you are looking for. I am not sure how good this would work on a dealership site though.

#5 zodiac58

zodiac58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

actually that worked a bit better. I managed to find the car via that method in may 2014. everything was there except the image of the car and the write up on the image page. I noticed that all sold cars show a grayed out image and image page write up.

Great idea though 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users