Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Performance Problem, How To Increase/Improve?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leonhart18

leonhart18

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Modified Topic Title To Reflect Issue - Hamluis

I recently got a somewhat new pc from my dad, he used it for a month and its sat shut down ever since until yesterday when he gave it to me since my laptop is ancient.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: eMachines
       System Model: EL1333G
               BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Athlon™ Processor LE-1660, ~2.8GHz
             Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1790MB RAM
          Page File: 1518MB used, 5272MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Quite better specs than my 7 year old laptop, which clocks at 1.8 ghz and no video. 

HOWEVER, the problem is thus-

Games that run at 40 fps or more on my laptop (latitude d230), such as dont starve or EVE online, run at 15 fps or LESS on my BETTER desktop. I reset EVERYTHING when I got it, ive ran v and mal scans, defragged, the works. What on earth could be the problem??

Edited by hamluis, 14 July 2014 - 12:44 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to System Building - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

If you go online and look for reviews for the integrated graphics you will find that this is not a very good graphics "card".  If you are serious about playing games you should invest in a good dedicated graphics card.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

In terms of improving the performance in games, upgrading the graphics will be a difficult because of the half-sized slot and the low wattage power supply which cannot be upgraded easily due to it's form factor.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#4 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

As stated, laptops are very difficult to upgrade. Either parts are soldered, or incompatible. Are you saying that your laptop is slower than your current desktop? What are the specs on your desktop?

mYIGVc5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users