Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

for install windows 7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jesonrider

jesonrider

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

i want install windows 7 for my computer,it is pentium4 HT and intell 3.06 GHz processer ,128 mb VGa on board, 512mb Ram,is that sutable for w7 or what can i do for install windows 7 for it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

You should try the Windows Compatibility Wizard just to be sure. But it's doubtful. I had a very similar PC and I knew it couldn't run Windows 7 so I got a new PC.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,585 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

The system requirements for Windows 7 are as follows.

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver.

You really should run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 jinxiang

jinxiang

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

i want install windows 7 for my computer,it is pentium4 HT and intell 3.06 GHz processer ,128 mb VGa on board, 512mb Ram,is that sutable for w7 or what can i do for install windows 7 for it

It's not recommended to upgrade to windows 7 for your system as you have below 1GB ram and you're using a Pentium 4 HT. What's ur current OS. Vista?

#5 RandomGG

RandomGG

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

You could try a light version of linux, such as Xubuntu. In my experience with old systems works very well, much smoother than windows XP. Windows 7 would struggle with 512MB of RAM.

#6 WaltC

WaltC

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

Definitely run the adviser but at the minimum you will need more RAM. I ran Windows 7 on a Pentium 4 machine but I had 3gb of RAM and a 1GB video card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users