Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recording another computer screen.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ProjectLegacy

ProjectLegacy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

Hi, I am new to the forums, so please don't scream at me. :)

I was thinking about making a video on my soon-to-be-built Legacy booting up. I was thinking on how to record it. So I think of the most stupidest option; using a camcorder. Camcorders are good for videos, like home films and such, but camcorders don't like CRT monitors, as they will flicker, and people would be distracted by the scan lines. So then I thought about some type of capture card. I try to look up tutorials, but all I get are tutorials for the Xbox 360, which is not what I want in this case. Heres how I would want it set up:

My main computer/laptop has some USB Capture Card  device plugged in. Then, this capture card somehow connects to Legacy's monitor, so it captures it, but I can still see on that monitor. Sorry for not using proper words and such. What do I have to do, and if you can, give me a diagram of what it should look like. And if needed, tell me about other hardware I need "I was thinking a splitter...." Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cptfox

cptfox

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

So, what are you doing exactly? Are you just trying to record a monitor that hooked up to a computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users