Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Pro Reinstall

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Impulsed

Impulsed

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

Hey there !

I've recently built a gaming computer and got MSDN version Windows 8.1 Pro.

Sadly, while installing it, I unintentionnaly took the 32-bit version.

Weeks later, realizing that 64-bit is much better for gaming purposes and that some games are not 32-bit compatible, I attempted a clean install, but without succes.

To create my media, I used ''Windows7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool'' and made it from the iso file ''en_windows_8.1_professional_vl_with_updates_x64_dvd_4065194''.

Attempted to create it on a 32-bit, as well as a 64-bit computer, but nothing seems to work out. Every single time, I get this error message :

LZPMlJG.png

I verified, and my computer is 64-bit compatible.

What should I do?

Do you guys need anything else to help me?

Thanks alot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Maybe I'm not understanding something here, but to do a clean install I believe you would have to boot from the USB device, rather than running the setup program from within your currently running copy of Windows.  That is what you are trying to do isn't it?

Start computer, using whatever the key is on your system to choose boot options (on mine, its F12), choose the USB stick as your boot device.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 Impulsed

Impulsed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

Worked like a charm. I can't thank you enough ! 

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Not a problem, glad it worked :thumbsup2:

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users