Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS K40IJ Orange LED (Battery Indicator)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ac98521

ac98521

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

Hi, My laptop is currently 4 years old above. Something just happened. After charging it to full, the orange led indicator suddenly just blinked. I dunno what happened. Is it the battery that's damaged? or the laptop itself?

Just a while ago I was trying to turn it on with just the uncharged battery but it won't turn on. Then I've tried to plug it in and it started without me trying to press the power button. The time and date in bios got reset btw. embarrassed.gif Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

Hi,
I'm going to guess that you might want to get the battery checked. If that's not an option it might be time to replace it. Most batteries don't last much over three years without a lot of TLC.
The time/date reset indicates that the CMOS battery isn't holding it's charge. Taken together it's beginning to sound more like a component has failed and is shorting things to ground.
If that's the case then I seee your options as fixing or replacing. My recommendation would be to replace, if at all possible.
Keep us posted

Edited by dicke, 14 July 2014 - 01:33 PM.

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users