Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rpcss.dll - issue resolved using Norton Power Eraser

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 diyster

diyster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but have browsed a lot in the past. I want to share how I fixed a problem on my husband's laptop with the rpcss dll. I downloaded Norton Power Eraser (free) and ran the scan. The scan found an issue with rpcss.dll. I ran the fix option and since rebooting, the problems went away. Prior to this, the laptop would pop up with odd security messages and also prompted to start Windows Security Services (Windows 7). After running Spybot scans and Symantec scans, it still didn't resolve the issue. So I resorted to the Power Eraser.

Hope this helps those having similar problems! Good luck! :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hi,

You had Zekos infection but NPE don't delete the random named files in the %system32% folder which are a part of the trojan as well...so your system may need some additional actions... ;)

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#3 diyster

diyster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

Georgi,

Thanks for the heads up. I will further inspect for lingering "bits" (pun intended).

Regards,

diyster

#4 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

I can take a look for you if you want?

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#5 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

cXfZ4wS.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users