Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tracing A Hacker Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 traceyvdw

traceyvdw

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:44 PM

Hello
I was wandering around in the tutorials as i am in need of some info on malware and if my internet shutdown prob was caused by 'someone' else out there.

This tutorial (Tracing a Hacker) was very interesting and if infected i would love to know who was responsible. the only problem being that the turtorial says "Netstat is a very fast and reliable method of seeing exactly who or what is connected (or connecting) to your computer. Open up DOS (Start/Programs/MS-DOS Prompt on most systems), and in the MSDOS Prompt, type:...."

How do i open up DOS or MSDOS prompt? I tried to click on start/programs but then there was no MSDOS type thing.

I am using WindowsXP (pretty sure anyway) if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks for bearing with me if this is stupid question. :thumbsup:
Tracey
"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life," (During an interview to become Spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign.) Model, movie and TV actress Brooke Shields.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:47 PM

Click on Start then Run and type "cmd" <-without the quotes! Then press enter, and it should open up. The other way, using the Start Menu, would be to click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
Hope this helps,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 traceyvdw

traceyvdw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:30 PM

:thumbsup:
Thanks rookie147!
There it is.
Tracey

Edited by traceyvdw, 30 May 2006 - 03:31 PM.

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life," (During an interview to become Spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign.) Model, movie and TV actress Brooke Shields.

#4 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:32 PM

Glad we could sort it out, :thumbsup:
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users