Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to print multiple images on one page?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 I have a computer...

I have a computer...

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

I hope this is the right place to post this...

I would like to know if I can print multiple images on one page as their original size?

I have Windows Vista, and I have tried oepning windows explorer where the images are located and selecting them while holding Ctrl then clicking on print, and while that does let me print the different images at once, it only seems to offer certain pre-set sizes. I do not want to alter the size of the image when printing, I just want to print it the same size as the image.

Is this possible?

By the way, I used GIMP to make my images and I can print through GIMP, but only one image at once.

(By the way, when I say print, I mean print onto paper with a printer)

Thanks.

Edited by I have a computer..., 13 July 2014 - 04:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hi there. 

Just a few suggestions...

If it were me, I would copy the images and then paste onto a document (either Word or Google docs for example). That way you can see how large or small the images are and how they will look on the paper and manipulate/position them on the document and then print from there. 

When you mentioned they are located on IE (Internet Explorer), I think that means you have hosted the images or uploaded to an online site. 

If that is the case, many times an image created in Gimp is quite a bit larger in Gimp but smaller if they are hosted online depending on how they were uploaded or if they were resized when hosted. 

I would copy/paste from Gimp into a document (you will first have to create a blank document), and if they appear huge and fall off the edge of the paper, you should be able to resize on the document by selecting the image and then dragging one of the corners to make it smaller. 

Edited by Stolen, 13 July 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#3 I have a computer...

I have a computer...
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

Hi there. 

Just a few suggestions...

If it were me, I would copy the images and then paste onto a document (either Word or Google docs for example). That way you can see how large or small the images are and how they will look on the paper and manipulate/position them on the document and then print from there. 

When you mentioned they are located on IE (Internet Explorer), I think that means you have hosted the images or uploaded to an online site. 

If that is the case, many times an image created in Gimp is quite a bit larger in Gimp but smaller if they are hosted online depending on how they were uploaded or if they were resized when hosted. 

I would copy/paste from Gimp into a document (you will first have to create a blank document), and if they appear huge and fall off the edge of the paper, you should be able to resize on the document by selecting the image and then dragging one of the corners to make it smaller. 

Thank you for a reply.

I don't think I have Word only WordPad...? :/

I have not yet tried Google docs....

Also, I said in Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer. My images are not hosted online. (Well, as far as I am aware of... :s)

Thanks anyway.

#4 Veitch

Veitch

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

I hope this is the right place to post this...

I would like to know if I can print multiple images on one page as their original size?

I have Windows Vista, and I have tried oepning windows explorer where the images are located and selecting them while holding Ctrl then clicking on print, and while that does let me print the different images at once, it only seems to offer certain pre-set sizes. I do not want to alter the size of the image when printing, I just want to print it the same size as the image.

Is this possible?

By the way, I used GIMP to make my images and I can print through GIMP, but only one image at once.

(By the way, when I say print, I mean print onto paper with a printer)

Thanks.

Use the Windows Explorer,  and mark all images you want to have on one page. You can select several images by pressing Ctrl while clicking.

Then press print.

After that a dialog for choosing a template should appear. Choose your template, print the images and you are done.

#5 I have a computer...

I have a computer...
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

Use the Windows Explorer,  and mark all images you want to have on one page. You can select several images by pressing Ctrl while clicking.

Then press print.

After that a dialog for choosing a template should appear. Choose your template, print the images and you are done.

I have already tried that but it seems that it changes the image size for printing. (But I have not tested it yet, maybe I should)

I need my images printed without changing the size, just print them as they are.

If there is no way of doing this, I will have to do it.... The hard way!

Thanks anyway.

#6 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

You need to specify the actual physical size and dimensions of the print in inches when uploading instructions to your printer.

With multiple images, since you have Gimp, try doing a google search under 'picture collages in gimp'. You will find many links, videos etc. and creative ideas. :)

#7 I have a computer...

I have a computer...
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

You need to specify the actual physical size and dimensions of the print in inches when uploading instructions to your printer.

With multiple images, since you have Gimp, try doing a google search under 'picture collages in gimp'. You will find many links, videos etc. and creative ideas. :)

Thank you!

That makes sense! I actually did not know that...! :lol: :P

I did not think to google that, I was googling more specific things and I could not find much...

Okay, now I know how to do it... Thank  you!

#8 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:39 AM

Good luck with your project. Making picture collages is fun but even simple ones can be very time consuming.

Remember to 'Save As' along the way and check the 'Print Preview' in your computer before printing. Also it can be useful to do a light 'Draft Copy' first to save on ink and check for any mistakes. :)

#9 colleen88

colleen88

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

yup putting it into Word is much advisable so you will know the size of the pics in a bond paper, but dont forget to print preview afterwards to see the borders and pics 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users