Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frustrating pop-up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ReineChan

ReineChan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

I've been getting pop up of onclickads.net every time I tried accessing websites with flash player.

It started on my own laptop, which I thought was a normal advertisement. It first started on a different network than the one I used.

Since bringing my laptop back and connecting it to my own wi-fi, my aunt's laptop, my iphone and ipad were the victims of the pop up too.

Scan for malware was done on my own laptop and nothing was found for this pop up. In fact, my own laptop is now under service and will be re-installed due to some issues. Since the pop up is getting annoying, I tried to find ways to remove it. Some people were able to resolve it by resetting their routers and that's what I did. I reset my routers, changed the DNS and changed my aunt laptop DNS and the pop up is still there. I tried using cellular data on my iphone to open the websites and found out that I still got the pop up.

what should I do to stop the pop up? and if I'm not able to remove it, will onclickads.net bring any harm to me?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

Still having issues?

Edited by Lazerchicken, 19 July 2014 - 03:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users