I've just had my lap repaired thanks to one of your member - xXToffeeXx and it works very well now!
Unfortunately, I ran into another issue on another pc.
Days ago, I put my pc on a full-scale Eset and Malwarebytes scan. I noticed that during the scan, Eset did pop up tons of times reporting about threats and so did Malwarebytes. In the end, I decided to delete all the quarantine files. I restarted the pc to find that about 70 Gb or so worth of data stored on my 2 data drives have disappeared. However, when I left click to check "Properties", the used-up space did not change so I guess those files must have been hidden. I ran malwarebytes and Eset on those 2 drives again for several times but to no avail (no virus found)
Having thought that it was due to the system corruption, I installed win 7 home premium onto drive C, fresh and clean, installed malwarebytes and eset, proceeded to have them checked through everything. Again, no virus found. My files still remain hidden.
So the current situation is:
- I am running win 7 home premium.
- I have Malwarebytes and Eset nod antivirus 4 installed (and some other programs)
- I have about >70 Gb of data hidden on my 2 drives (I only have on physical drive, so they are 2 partitions, in case this is important information)
- Left clicking on the properties does show that the files take up space but don't show up when browsing through with Windows Explorer.
- I also check "show hidden files and folder" but it was of no use
Please help me, thank you!