Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello World...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LayerIIX

LayerIIX

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

Ok.. first computer program anyone ever makes is almost always "Hello World" so figured that was appropriate.  

My name is Roger, I was a computer programer in the Marine Corps.  (Yes, I know programmer is misspelled...  apparently whoever had the sign made up for our office didn't know how to spell or use spell check.. so it became a running joke that we were computer programers not programmers... ) I've done software development for the USMC, as well as a couple fortune 500 companies.  I am now working on releasing my own video game.

I have experience in hardware, networking, security and almost anything else electronic.  I may not be a grand-master at any particular aspect, but I learn quickly and teach myself whatever necessary skills I need for my task at hand.

I've been working with computers since DOS 2.1 (Well, I have pictures of me working on a TRS-80 when I was real little.. but that doesn't really count), mainframes (Go COBAL, ADA & NATURAL!! YAY!!) even a lot of different network types.  Anyone else remember Banyan Vines, token rings?  Or spamming an entire company email with *@*?  And then seeing a everyone REPLY ALL with the message "Please remove me from this list..."  It's amazing how quickly that crashed the server... mwahahaha.

Have a nice day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

Hi LayerIIX! 

Great story! ...and the "Please remove me from this list..." !! lol....

#3 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Also...Welcome to BC! I read your post on where your name came from too. Loved it! :) 

:welcome:

#4 LayerIIX

LayerIIX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

Yeah.. just a little clarification... We were working with those emails when I was in the Marine Corps out at Camp Pendleton.  You could imagine, as we managed the email system for the ENTIRE BASE.  EVERYONE, including senior Officers, and I believe before we caught on the danger of the *@*... I believe a few of those went up the HIGHEST echelons.. Yeah... that was a lot of fun...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users