Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pairing Bluetooth speaker with laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

I just bought a new Bluetooth speaker that sounds fantastic. However I can't get it to pair with my laptop (Toshiba Satellite L755, Windows Home Premium 64 bit, 8 GB RAM). I had an Inland BTS521 adapter that paired fine with my Creative D80 speaker, but it wouldn't pair with my new Energy BTS 2.1 speaker. After Inland blamed it on the speaker, I've taken it up with the speaker's tech support, which turned out to be Klipsch. They're pursuing it, but each iteration with them is taking 5 days, so I don't know how long this could drag out with them.

To eliminate the possiblity of the problem being with the Inland adapter, I invested $20 an an Asus Bluetooth adapter, a USB-BT400 and got the exact same results that I did with the Inland adapter, so I'm convinced that the problem is with the speaker. Interestingly the speaker will pair with my Android 4.3 tablet (Asus Google Nexus 7). 

Anybody have any suggestions? I will keep after Klipsch but I could use all the suggestions I can get. 

TIA

Edited by wpgwpg, 12 July 2014 - 05:07 PM.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

Since you've paired before to this machine I'm with you that the issue is with the speaker, especially after getting a different USB adapter.  The Asus USB-BT400 is supposed to be Bluetooth 2.1 and 3 compliant, so that should be eliminated as an issue.

Basically you need to keep working with Klipsch and determine if the unit needs to be replaced.

#3 storiesaretold

storiesaretold

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

It must be hardwired into the brain; I see there are a bunch of early risers around this forum.  I think I may have found a new place to hangout.  Maybe I'll learn sumting? ;)

I like the KISS approach.  The current troubleshooting path and suggestions are most appropriate. 

In honor of those that like the non-KISS method I offer the following reason to waste your day and scratch your head.  How about a USBPcap analysis with Wireshark?  I'm not an expert at USBPcap, so I cannot offer guidance.  If you go this route, good luck and good luck.

A CommProbe USB 600 would be the cat's meow, but I'll "ass-u-me" that if you had that tool in the box your post would be different.  Mostly less legible due to one handed typing because your other hand would be head scratching. j/k

In short, I agree.  Wait for Klipsch. 

If you are feeling adventurous...   READ to the bottom because there was a mention of "unbootable" after an attempt.  I'm not trying to ruin your day. 

stackoverflow com/questions/5964685/how-do-i-totally-delete-reset-bluetooth-settings-in-windows-7

Only suggestions; there is no direction or guidance provided.  No claims or warranties in my thoughts.  This is only my random morning brain activity.

Edited by storiesaretold, 13 July 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

I rec'd a reply from Klipsch that the speaker would work with the SoundBot SB340 so I ordered it from Amazon (local stores didn't have it).  The adapter was delivered 30 min. ago.  It’s now installed and working just fine with the BTS 2.1.

SoundBot SB340 adapter delivered 30 min. ago. 

Thank you both.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 storiesaretold

storiesaretold

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

no probelm.  i was just brain storming.  glad you found your solution. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users