So I've been trying to figure out what is wrong with this computer for some time now. I've tried many things, with no luck.
The computer restarts itself at extremely random times, sometimes a few times per day, all the way up to working for a month or more with no problems.
- Every now and then, after the restart, there are 4 beeps, which is supposedly a timing issue? The beeps only happen about 20% of the time after restarts. When I restart again, the beeps usually don't happen again.
- On 2 occasions, there has been an error stating that a fan is not being detected upon startup.
- It is not over-heating, sometimes the computer will be off for a week and restarts immediately after startup.
- No other symptoms, everything works fine
What I've tried:
- Many many diagnostics and diagnostic tools, all of which have came back saying everything is fine.
- Reset the BIOS to factory default, as well as changing the timing and settings. No changes.
- I've tried just keeping only one stick of RAM in, and swapping with the 2nd just to rule out it being the RAM. It seems to do it more often with 2 sticks in, but it could be just a coincidence.
HP xw6400 Workstation, Windows 7 64bit, 8GB RAM (2x4GB sticks).
Thanks in advance.