Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SFC /scannow found corrupt files + unable to fix

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 green_orange

green_orange

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

Hi there bleeps .. the image says it all:

ozPxwMc.png

The CBS.log is 1.47MB. Can't upload it as an attachment.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

run

C:\ chkdsk /r /f

This will check and repair files and logs.  If this is not the issue, please go to the "Am I Infected" forum and make sure its not something else.

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 green_orange

green_orange
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

run

C:\ chkdsk /r /f

This will check and repair files and logs.  If this is not the issue, please go to the "Am I Infected" forum and make sure its not something else.

Will do.

I think I'm not infected as I have some knowledge in this field.

It's just I messed with the "Winsxs folder" before and I managed to recover from the BSOD I got after that :)

EDIT:

It says it's gonna be checked the next time I restart. Will reboot now and tell the results.

Edited by green_orange, 12 July 2014 - 01:27 AM.

#4 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

Good luck, hope it comes up for you.  If it does not and cant boot use a boot disk and try again.  Or Kaspersky Recovery Disk 10, which is free from them, and works really well.

It could take awhile, depending on HDD size a few hrs.

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#5 green_orange

green_orange
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

It finished, rebooted and pc runs normally.

here is a pic:

WqJXsUN.jpg

will start the "sfc /scannow" command again to see if it will fix the errors this time

#6 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

cool, at least you know now how to get it back if it happens again.  Good rule of thumb is to have and make a recovery disk before you do any actions to the device, also a backup of the files you really want.

That way when it does go BOOM, you reinstall and no biggie.

good luck

cz

CZARBOOM 

#7 green_orange

green_orange
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:29 AM

cool, at least you know now how to get it back if it happens again.  Good rule of thumb is to have and make a recovery disk before you do any actions to the device, also a backup of the files you really want.

That way when it does go BOOM, you reinstall and no biggie.

good luck

cz

Yup, I know how to do that  :thumbup2:

Still getting the same error from the sfc /scannow.

#8 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:36 AM

then the CBS file is either corrupt or malware.  To check please go to the Am I infected forum, follow the directions and they will get back to you.  When working with them, don't do anything unless they tell you too.  This keeps them from chasing issues that were there, but are now fixed etc.  They are good people and super smart.

Or you can get into the file, find out what it is, and get rid of it.  But, that is a call you have to make, I cannot give malware help due to my training agreement here. 

anything else (other than malware) please ask away

cz

CZARBOOM 

#9 green_orange

green_orange
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:17 AM

then the CBS file is either corrupt or malware.  To check please go to the Am I infected forum, follow the directions and they will get back to you.  When working with them, don't do anything unless they tell you too.  This keeps them from chasing issues that were there, but are now fixed etc.  They are good people and super smart.

Or you can get into the file, find out what it is, and get rid of it.  But, that is a call you have to make, I cannot give malware help due to my training agreement here. 

anything else (other than malware) please ask away

cz

Thanks alot bro.

I am gonna head over to the 'Am i infected' section.

#10 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

Good luck, and if they look and say its not a virus, PM me and we can go from there.

good luck

cz

CZARBOOM 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users