Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Difficulty With Internet Explorer 6 & Security Software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elizabeth3000

Elizabeth3000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:45 PM

The security is so high on my computer I can't set up a Yahoo home page or use Yahoo e-mail. (At least, I think that's the problem.) I receive a message telling me to enable cookies. I clicked on tools, internet options, privacy and then sites. I added http://www.yahoo.com, so my computer would allow cookies from this site, but it hasn't helped. Please someone help me. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Merlin_22

Merlin_22

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:05 PM

Elizabeth,

What firewall are you using and what is your I.E Privacy set to?

To check the settings in I.E:

Tools>internet Options>Privacy

TONY

Kids Safe Forum <--- Please read the site guidelines before registering. You don't have to be a parent nor have any information. You can register and ask things on the forum if you want.

Update: Kids Safe is bringing out K.S.A, for more information on what it is; click the link below:
http://kidssafe.co.nz/index.php?showtopic=504

#3 Merlin_22

Merlin_22

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:49 PM

In a PM that Elizabeth sent me about this same topic:

I had no idea how to reply to your question any other way. I am so totally lost. I'm using McAfee Security Services for viruses and spam, Windows firewall protection and Windows Defender. I keep getting a message that tells me to enable my cookies and javascript. My privacy settings are set to medium - but I did go in and allow the aol website to send cookies, so I guess my problem lies in the javascript thing, and I have no idea what to do about it. Thank you for trying to help me. I really appreciate it!

I dont know any thing about Mcaffee firewalls because i use Zone Alarm Intenet Security Suit. If someone knows about Mc affee can you please find out more about the cookie settings for Elizabeth.

TONY

Kids Safe Forum <--- Please read the site guidelines before registering. You don't have to be a parent nor have any information. You can register and ask things on the forum if you want.

Update: Kids Safe is bringing out K.S.A, for more information on what it is; click the link below:
http://kidssafe.co.nz/index.php?showtopic=504

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users